As the community of Edgewater continues to see rapid change, there’s another neighborhood staple who’s getting in on the action!
Joyride, Edgewater’s first and oldest brewery, is nearing completion of its 2,300 square-foot rooftop deck at 25th Avenue and Sheridan Boulevard. Expected to open in the spring, the rooftop will bring an expanded barrel selection, more seating areas, a second bar and outdoor heaters and misters depending on the weather.
With Denver leading the way for rooftop bar culture in the country, this will be among the first rooftop hangouts around Edgewater and Sloan’s Lake.
Located just over a mile from Lakehouse, Joyride is the perfect place to enjoy Denver’s crisp air while overlooking Sloan’s Lake from the northwest side. Featuring six flagship craft beers complemented by rotating taps of seasonal and specialty brews, there’s truly something for everyone, whether you’re a craft-beer newbie or aficionado. If you get hungry, Joyride also hosts some of Denver’s favorite food trucks throughout the week.
Joyride’s flagship beers on tap include:
- Cougar Pale Ale (5% ABV) – A method known as “hop bursting,” Joyride adds all of the hops after the boil during the whirlpool. This gives the beer an extremely soft and pleasant bitterness while maximizing hop flavor and aroma.
- Ice Cutter Kölsch (5.4% ABV) – Very smooth and drinkable like a lager, but has a light fruit flavor from ale fermentation. It has moderate levels of bitterness and noble hop flavor and a crisp, dry finish.
- Joyride Double IPA (9% ABV) – Using three pounds of hops per barrel to give an aggressive yet delicious hop profile, four different types of American and German malts and seven different additions of Simcoe and Citra hops, the beer features piney, citrus, tropical fruit and melon flavors.
- Bear Paw Oatmeal Milk Stout (7% ABV) – The Bear Paw is a deliciously decadent Sweet Stout that is robust and silky smooth. Seven different malts create chocolate, roast, caramel and coffee flavors, while six pounds of lactose sugar per barrel balance it out with a velvety sweetness.
- Edgewater IPA (7% ABV) – Using copious amounts of Apollo and Chinook with a touch of Amarillo hops, this beer has layers of citrus, piney, resiny and floral characteristics. The hop explosion and dry finish make this extremely drinkable and enjoyable.
- Antelope Amber (6% ABV) – The Antelope is a bold, rich and hoppy American Amber that blends caramel and nutty and dark fruit flavors from five premium malts with the citrus characteristics from four types of American hops.
For more information about Joyride Brewing and to follow along with construction updates, visit http://joyridebrewing.com/.
And stay tuned for more updates on new restaurants and bars coming to the neighborhood – we hear some announcements will be made soon!
To learn more about the connected and healthy Lakehouse lifestyle that awaits, stop by our new Sales Center at 1565 Raleigh Street #108. We’re open Wednesday through Sunday from 10am to 5pm and by appointment. Don’t forget to register online to join our interest list and stay up to date with the latest project news, construction updates, events and neighborhood happenings – Lakehouse17.com.