With Colorado known for its breathtaking scenery and rugged mountain culture, there’s no better way to get outdoors and enjoy the state’s mild summer weather than to hit the nearby trails.
Not only does Lakehouse Denver offer lakefront residences just steps away from Sloan’s Lake, it’s also centrally located to some of the best hikes the state has to offer. Whether you’re looking to get in a quick morning cardio session on a nearby trail or are committing to a full-day adventure, there’s no shortage of take-your-breath-away landscapes, towering trees and indigenous flora and fauna to be seen.
Not sure which trail to hit? Here’s our guide to the best day hikes near Denver:
- Red Rocks Trail at Red Rocks (19 minutes from Lakehouse): Among the more popular trails near Denver, the Red Rocks Trail offers a six-mile, out-and-back hike that gives a look inside the world-renowned Red Rocks Amphitheater along with stunning views of the Denver skyline.
- The Bluffs Loop (25 minutes from Lakehouse): Located within the Town of Lone Tree on the south end of Denver, this 2.7-mile loop is a great option that’s close to Lakehouse if you’re looking for a quick way to get the heart pumping in the morning.
- Deer Creek Canyon Loop (31 minutes from Lakehouse): Tucked away in the foothills just south of Littleton, this 2.7-mile loop is a great place to walk the dog after work while enjoying some beautiful scenery.
- Meadow and Forest Loops at Lookout Mountain (33 minutes from Lakehouse): A great hike to bring the kids, these .6-mile and 0.8-mile loops set the stage for idyllic look outs as you’re sure to see deer, squirrels and more wildlife frolicking through the tall grass.
- Rocky Mountain National Park (1 hour, 30 minutes from Lakehouse): With more than 300 miles of hiking trails, Rocky Mountain National Park is home to some of the best hikes in Colorado and offers more waterfalls than any other area on the Front Range.
- Panorama Point (32 minutes from Lakehouse): Offering some of the most spectacular views of the Front Range, this 2.7-mile, out-and-back hike, is located within Corwina Park near Evergreen.
- Castle Rock Challenge Hill (35 minutes from Lakehouse): Featuring more than 200 steps up the side of a bluff with railroad ties, the 0.6 mile loop allows fitness enthusiasts to hike to the top and trail run to the bottom for the ultimate workout.
- Hell’s Hole Trail (1 hour from Lakehouse): Where dense aspen and pine forests meet meadows filled with wildflowers, this nine-mile glacial basin is a hidden gem that’s a favorite among local hikers.
- Windy Peak (1 hour, 11 minutes from Lakehouse): A summit hike within Golden Gate Canyon State Park, this 6.4-mile loop follows meltwater creeks, wildflower-filled meadows and great views of the Rocky Mountains.
- Mount Flora (1 hour, 12 minutes from Lakehouse): As one of Colorado’s most unique 13,000-foot-summits, Mount Flora is a beautiful hike that offers stunning 360-degree views and a great workout.
- Bear Peak Trail (1 hour from Lakehouse): Known as Boulder’s most iconic mountain top, this 6.8-mile hike offers unforgettable views and nearly 2,490 feet of climbing.
- Square Top Mountain (1 hour, 30 minutes from Lakehouse): A high 13er directly across from the popular Mt. Beirstadt, this 7.5-mile hike is perfect for those who are looking for a quieter trail with spectacular views.
- Mount Evans West Ridge (1 hour, 30 minutes from Lakehouse): Featuring views of pristine Alpine Lakes and rugged terrain, Mount Evans is a 15.6-mile hike that can be done as a long day hike or a backpacking adventure.
To find more hikes around Denver, visit alltrails.com/.
To learn more about the connected and healthy Lakehouse lifestyle that awaits, contact us at 303.974.HOME or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a private virtual or in-person tour. Don’t forget to register online to join our interest list and stay up to date with the latest project news, construction updates, events and neighborhood happenings.