Lakehouse has received WELL Building Certification at the Gold level. This prestigious designation was made by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI) and acknowledges Lakehouse’s efforts to advance human health and well-being through its building design and resident programming. This distinction was awarded through IWBI’s WELL Building Standard™, a globally recognized, science-backed program that puts wellness at the forefront of design in order to enrich the residential living experience.
Since its inception, Lakehouse has envisioned a completely new way of living where wellness is integrated into every element of design. In addition to the building’s residential and retail spaces, Lakehouse features an innovative collection of health-focused amenities, including an organic urban farm, 70-foot lakefront lap pool, cutting-edge Fitness Lab, sports and creative workshops and more. Lakehouse was also recently named the state’s “Innovative Development of the Year” by NAIOP.
“It’s an honor to receive this recognition from the International WELL Building Institute and we are grateful to our partners for their support of Lakehouse,” said Brian Levitt, President and Co-Founder of NAVA Real Estate Development. “From the beginning, our intention was to create a truly innovative building with a specific focus on architecture, engineering, design and amenities that would better support human health and wellness. The air we breathe, the materials we use in our homes, where we source our food from, how we move our bodies were all considerations we took into account as the design team worked to apply modern research and reinvent the concept of multi-family living. Lakehouse was already ahead of its time and with the pandemic, its design proved to be even more prescient.”
Created after seven years of rigorous research and development alongside leading physicians, scientists and industry professionals, the WELL Building Standard is a performance-based certification system that marries best practices in design and construction with evidence-based scientific research. Lakehouse earned the distinction based on seven categories of building performance under the WELL v1 Standard — Air, Water, Light, Nourishment, Fitness, Comfort and Mind — and is now WELL Certified™ to the Gold level.
Lakehouse’s design infused wellness into its engineering, architecture, programming and services at every level. The lakefront community blends unique architecture, modern comfort and sustainable design features with extensive wellness-focused amenities. In addition to MERV-13 building air filtration, the use of natural and durable building materials and floor-to-ceiling windows that maximize natural daylight, Lakehouse residents have access to:
- A full-time Wellness Concierge to elevate the resident experience through community events, connections to wellness experts and ongoing education programming that promote the WELL Building Standard’s seven elements of wellness
- A state-of-the-art Wellness Center with Fitness Lab and Yoga & Meditation Studio
- A Resident Lounge with collaborative cooking and dining program, a fresh juicing station, private event space and an indoor/outdoor fireplace
- A 26,000 square foot outdoor terrace overlooking Sloan’s Lake Park with extensive landscaping, lounge seating and a firepit
- A 70-foot lakefront lap pool and year-round hot tub
- Onsite Urban Farm with organic produce, herbs and flowers professionally managed by Agriburbia
- A Sports Workshop with tools for repairs and seasonal tuning for bikes, skis and snowboards created in partnership with the founders of Icelantic Skis
- A Creative Workshop with a multitude of art materials, supplies and musical instruments to support artistic pursuits
- Extensive landscaping and biophilic design elements to enhance the human connection to nature
- Pet-friendly atmosphere with convenient pet spa
- Custom artwork throughout curated by NINE dot ARTS
The WELL Building Standard is grounded in a body of evidence-based research that explores the connection between the buildings where we spend approximately 90% of our time and the health and well-being impacts on the people inside these buildings. To achieve WELL Certification, NAVA’s Lakehouse underwent rigorous testing and a final evaluation carried out by Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI), which is the third-party certification body for WELL, to ensure it met all WELL Certified Gold standards.
This certification is a significant step forward for Lakehouse’s developer, NAVA Real Estate Development (NAVA) and furthers the company’s goal of innovative placemaking.