WELL Design = Well Being
Beyond natural beauty, great architecture and sustainability, lives the heart of our vision.
Wellness in Real Estate
While Colorado is one of the most progressive and health-conscious communities in the United States, the emphasis on building healthier homes is still fairly limited. Lakehouse was designed to achieve WELL Building Certification and also adds additional wellness-focused infrastructure and programming to enhance the offering. The non-profit partner of Realwell (realwell.org) built a network of health and wellness experts that offer residents long-term support and customized programs focused on education, fitness, motivational strategies and measurement tools.
Both the WELL Building Standard and the Realwell network blend evidence-based medical and scientific research with best practices in design and construction to create healthier spaces. Through thoughtful design and ongoing programming, Lakehouse gives its residents the tools to live healthier and even happier lives. An onsite Wellness Concierge helps to connect residents with resources that will help them achieve their personal health goals. Lakehouse was awarded WELL Precertification at the Gold level in April 2020.
Lakehouse is one of the first residential projects in the world–and the first in Colorado–to pilot and pursue WELL Building Certification. The WELL Building Standard is the first to integrate human health and wellness into the design, construction, maintenance and operations of the built environment in order to optimize residents’ health.
Amenities & Features
Lakehouse has been uniquely designed to support and enhance a healthy, balanced and socially-connected lifestyle.
Its design, materials and extensive amenities have been selected to capture the seven elements of the WELL Building Standard—with many features going far above and beyond. From an unparalleled lakefront location to fresh organic food grown onsite, Lakehouse brings healthy living to your doorstep in a way that has never been done before in Colorado.
- Healthy entrance
- Enhanced indoor air quality
- MERV-13 building air filtration
- Air quality monitoring
- Moisture and mold mitigation
- Balconies or patios for every home
- Operable windows in bedrooms
- Non-smoking environment
- WELL Building Standard water quality through City of Denver
- Hydration and beverage stations
- Low-chlorine pool and hot tub
- Filtered water appliances (Penthouses)
- Waterfront location and views of Sloan’s Lake
- Urban Farm with fresh organic vegetables and herbs
- Professional farming support by Agriburbia
- Harvest Room to wash and store farm produce and local foods
- Indoor and outdoor kitchens with community tables
- Pro-style grills
- Automated package delivery system with cold storage
- Fresh juicing station
- Floor-to-ceiling windows to maximize natural daylight
- Low-e glass exterior for comfort
- Light glare control
- LED lighting
- Open designs throughout
- Solar and blackout shades
- Active staircase in lobby
- 70’ lap pool with year-round hot tub
- Wellness center with fitness lab, dry sauna and yoga & meditation studio
- Water sports, outdoor activities and 2.6 mile trail at Sloan’s Lake Park
- Aquatics room with equipment for resident’s use
- Sports workshop with tools for repairs
- Beach cruisers for resident’s use
- Secure bike storage
- Outdoor fire pit
- Natural and durable materials
- Enhanced thermal, visual and acoustical performance
- High-performance glazing
- Window soffit ventilation
- Pursuing Energy-Star certification
- Meditation gardens
- Connections to outdoor living environment
- Private event space
- Resident lounge with collaborative kitchen and media den
- Indoor/outdoor fireplace with social seating
- Creative workshop with tools for multimedia arts
- Extensive landscaping to support biophilia–the human connection to nature
- Musical instruments for resident’s enjoyment
- Pet-friendly environment
- Access to wellness experts and education through ongoing programming and events
- Wellness Concierge
- 24/7 attended lobby with mail room
- Automated package system with cold storage
- Business center
- Guest suite
- Pet spa
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Over 300 resident-owned parking spaces (included in purchase price)
- Storage units (included in purchase price)
Whole Living 360
Lakehouse amenities provide residents with everything required for support of a healthy body, mind and spirit year-round.
Fresh air helps to improve respiratory and cardiovascular function. All residences include livable patios or balconies, operable windows in the bedrooms and adherence to enhanced air quality requirements and monitoring. MERV-13 air filtration throughout Lakehouse will reduce its volume of airborne contaminants, allowing residents to breathe easier.
Clean water boosts our immune systems and promotes healthy skin. With water quality to WELL standards and access to filtered water appliances and hydration stations, Lakehouse makes it easy to stay hydrated throughout the day. A UV-filtered low-chlorine pool and spa encourages use and reduces exposure to undesirable chemicals.
Wholesome fresh food nourishes our bodies from the inside out. The onsite Urban Farm grows fresh organic vegetables and herbs to be washed, prepared and stored in the harvest room onsite. Indoor/outdoor kitchens and the fresh juicing station provide convenient places to cook and eat with friends, family and neighbors.
Natural light improves your sleep, mood and productivity. Open, shallow floor plans and floor-to-ceiling windows maximize natural light while letting in serene views of the water, mountains, city and streetscape. Blackout shades are used in addition to solar shades in the bedrooms to enhance sleep quality.
Physical activity enhances the body’s performance and de-stresses the mind. Aside from outdoor activities around and on Sloan’s Lake, residents will enjoy ample opportunities to break a sweat onsite. The amenity deck features a lap pool and hot tub, while the Wellness Center boasts a well-equipped fitness lab, dry sauna and yoga & meditation studio.
Enhanced thermal, visual and acoustical considerations throughout Lakehouse produce a relaxed environment, where our most basic comfort needs are satisfied and our senses are delighted.
A clear mind enhances our mental and physical well-being. Ample landscaping is carried throughout Lakehouse to promote biophilia – the human connection to nature. The meditation garden and creative workshop provide peaceful places to reflect and paint.