While Colorado is one of the most progressive and health-conscious states in the country, focus on building healthier homes is still a relatively new practice.
NAVA Real Estate Development, with the help of its non-profit partner RealWell, is taking it upon itself to make Lakehouse the first residential project in the state to pilot and pursue the WELL Building Standard™.
So, what does that mean?
The WELL Building Standard is one of the first real estate certification programs to integrate human health and wellness into the design, construction, maintenance and operations of a community in order to optimize the health of its residents. At Lakehouse, everything from the design, materials and even amenities have been selected to capture the seven elements of the WELL Building Standard—with many features going above and beyond.
From lakefront views to organic food grown onsite, Lakehouse was designed from the inside out to support WELL’s seven key elements:
- Air: Fresh air helps to improve respiratory and cardiovascular function, two critical components to our health. All residences at Lakehouse include patios or balconies from which to enjoy the Denver air, as well as operable windows in the bedrooms. The community is also equipped with MERV-13 air filtration, which will reduce the volume of airborne contaminants and allow homeowners to breathe improved quality air.
- Water: Lakehouse is making it easier for residents to drink their recommended eight cups of water per day with access to several hydration stations around the community and ensuring that the water quality adheres to WELL standards. The UV-filtered pool and hot tub will reduce exposure to undesirable pathogens. Even Lakehouse’s coveted Sloan’s Lake location and stunning views will allow residents to enjoy the calming effects of living near water.
- Nourishment: As wholesome food nourishes the body, the onsite Urban Farm gives residents access to fresh organic vegetables and herbs that can be washed, prepared and stored in the adjacent Harvest Room. Indoor/outdoor kitchens and a state-of-the-art juicing station also provide elegant spaces to cook and dine with friends, family and neighbors.
- Light: Residences at Lakehouse offer open, shallow floor plans and floor-to-ceiling windows, maximizing natural light and allowing for serene views of Sloan’s Lake, the Rocky Mountains and Downtown Denver. Blackout and solar shades are used to promote sleep quality and support natural circadian rhythms.
- Fitness: Aside from the nearly endless outdoor activities around Sloan’s Lake, residents can enjoy ample opportunities to break a sweat year-round. The outdoor terrace features a 70’ lap pool and hot tub, while the lake-facing Wellness Center boasts a well-equipped fitness lab, dry sauna and yoga & meditation studio.
- Comfort: Designed for enhanced thermal, visual and acoustical comfort throughout, Lakehouse residents can relax in a quiet and peaceful environment both within their private home and while enjoying the common areas.
- Mind: Verdant landscaping throughout Lakehouse will promote biophilia, the innate human urge to connect with other forms of life and nature. From the meditation garden to the creative workshop, residents have a number of serene places to reflect and disconnect from the outside world. Residents will have voluntary access to additional wellness experts, programming and education through Realwell.
Through thoughtful design and ongoing programming, Lakehouse gives its residents the tools to live healthier and even happier lives. To read more about living well at Lakehouse, visit https://lakehouse17.com/wellness/.
To learn more about the connected and healthy Lakehouse lifestyle that awaits, stop by our Sales Center at 4202 West 17th Avenue. We’re open Wednesday through Sunday from 10am to 5pm and by appointment. Don’t forget to register online to join our interest list and stay up to date with the latest project news, construction updates, events and neighborhood happenings – Lakehouse17.com.